Tuesday 24 August 2010

One hump or two?


Apologies for the lame/cheesy entry title. My brain couldn't come with anything wittier or more intelligent. I've got the afternoon slump. So what I'm actually going to talk about is Camel Coats. I am dying to get my hands on a beautiful, wool camel coat. Whether you are Del Boy or Angelina Jolie, a camel coat is timeless and looks good on just about anyone.
You can't even go wrong with the colour.It goes with just about everything. In my opinion, this kind of coat gives you a sense of old school style and glamour. It is just as iconic as the Mac and the Trench coat. If I had one choice, it would have to be Max Mara. Unfortunately my budget does not stretch to this! But one can dream!
For us mere plebs, we always have the high street. For the shorter woman who doesn't want to be swamped by a calf length coat,REISS do a great option.
If you're budget can stretch to it, this beautiful tailored coat is £245 and available at Reiss.

Next on my hit list is Mango. I actually used to work for MANGO while I was in university, so I'm a big fan.
Your wallet will be a lot happier with this choice. Mango are selling this belted beauty for £119.90.

My next choice is slightly different, but it incorporates a big trend for this season. Capes are everywhere at the moment, so why not include an ASOS offering. 
This caped crusader (excuse the Batman pun) comes in at a very reasonable £80, and it has a hood on the back.

As you can see, there is a came coat to suit all. I will definitely be investing in one for the Autumn/Winter season.......or Max Mara could send me one......!

2 comments:

  1. I am desperately in need of one myself!

    http://sunglassesandhandbags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Ive been recently obsessing over camel coats as well! I just need to find the right one :)

    www.fashionfirstandforemost.blogspot.com

    xo Ryley

    ReplyDelete